Who is behind the Lens
Osmat Jefferson PhD MInt Law
Director of Product Development, Cambia;
Osmat is currently the director of the Lens product overseeing the development of the various capabilities available in the open and global platform, Lens.org. She joined Cambia in 2005 as a lab scientist and her research interests expanded to complex adaptive systems, mainly the biological innovation systems and so she moved with the Lens team to designing and developing open public resources that enable and engage different stakeholders in the use of transparency and evidence-based approaches in problem solving.
- a mapping application, PatCite, that enables researchers, patent professionals, and policy makers to map who is citing who in the academic and patenting worlds,
- a granular and dynamic metric, In4M, that measures scholarship influence on industry (https://www.nature.com/articles/nbt.4049) or used as a partnering tool, and
- The patent sequence toolkit (PatSeq) that links diverse patent-derived attributes with genetic sequences and their scientific information. Moreover, the toolkit provides navigation capabilities at various levels to collect signals on what is subject for patenting and what is not, explore patenting patterns across genomes, and zoom in to compare patent claims (see the article in Nature Biotech. In May 2014, a summary of this work was also featured by WIPO magazine.
- Jefferson, O.A., Deniz Köllhofer, Prabha Ajjikuttira & Richard A Jefferson (2015) Public disclosure of biological sequences in global patent practice. World Patent Information 43 : 12-24 at http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0172219015000848
- Jefferson, O.A., Köllhofer, D., Ehrich, T.H. & Jefferson, R. A. Gene patent practice across plant and human genomes, Nature Biotechnology 33 (10) 1033-1038 (2015) http://www.nature.com/nbt/journal/v33/n10/full/nbt.3364.html
- Jefferson, O.A., Köllhofer, D., Ehrich, T.H. & Jefferson, R. A. The ownership question of plant gene and genome Intellectual properties, Nature Biotechnology 33 (11) 1138-1143 (2015) http://www.nature.com/nbt/journal/v33/n11/pdf/nbt.3393.pdf
- Jefferson, O.A., Koellhofer, D., Warren, B. et al. Mapping innovation trajectories on SARS-CoV-2 and its variants. Nat Biotechnol (2021). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41587-021-00849-z and
- Jefferson, O.A. et al. Mapping CRISPR-Cas9 public and commercial innovation using The Lens institutional toolkit (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11248-021-00237-y
- Professor, QUT
- An open platform for discovery, analytics, mapping and management of research works and innovation pathways.
- Lens PatSeq: An open facility for biotech and patent professionals
- Lens Labs and Patent API I3 Citation workshop
- A Public Innovation Dataverse
- Beyond scholarly literature; a lens into innovation
- Gene and genome patents: How to navigate their complexity?
- Enabling Innovation using identifiers: Moving from Metrics to Maps
- Berytech talk Lebanon_July2017