Thanks for your interest in The Lens.
The Lens.org platform that you see today is the product of over two decades of creative output from a team of professionals at Cambia, a global non-profit social enterprise. The Lens is committed to its mission to make knowledge open, meaningful, useful and accessible. At the same time, we ask that all community members and especially those who use Lens.org and the API for other than academic, non-commercial use cases to contribute to the maintenance and development of the platform towards its mission.
As an open and public resource, Lens.org is designed to provide valuable tools to make science- and technology-enabled problem solving more effective, efficient and inclusive.
Using Lens Services
- You may:
- Copy and redistribute the data in any medium or format;
- Modify, transform, adapt or create derivative works from the data.
- Appropriate Attribution is used;
- Improvements must be shared under open source principles;
- The Lens ID is retained in any redistribution of data.
If you modify, transform, adapt or create derivative works from the exported Lens data, we ask that you share the improvements under open principles, resonant with CC:BY:SA. For example, if you clean or disambiguate the accessed Lens author or affiliation data, you are required to make the data available to us and to the community, post the Lens logo or attribution badge on your website if you have one, or promote the use of Lens.org in other ways. Details can be found in the Attribution section.
If you elect not to share the improvements, we ask that you take up a paid subscription. If you are an incorporated entity and require access to tailored Lens services, we ask that you take an institutional membership. For example, if you want to curate your institutional scholarly collection, enhance its metadata, or integrate citation counts, you will need to become an institutional member. If your institution’s mission is aligned with that of The Lens and you are willing to complement the Lens resources to implement new features in the public platform, then we ask that you contact us.
In accessing these Services, you may not engage in deceptive behaviour or use any automated crawlers, robots, spiders, or other automated downloading programs to: (i) continuously and automatically search, scrape, extract or index any content; (ii) harvest personal information from the Services for the purposes of sending unsolicited or unauthorised material; or (iii) cause disruption to the working of the Services or any other person’s use of the Services. If the Service contains robot exclusion files or robot exclusion headers, you agree to honour them and not use any process to bypass them.
You acknowledge and agree that the web content and all intellectual property rights of any kind related to the Services, including text, graphics, photographs, trademarks, logos, videos, audio, images, applications, programs, databases, computer code and other web content including but not limited to the user interface design, layout and "look and feel", is owned by Cambia, its licensors or its content providers unless otherwise specified.
Separate Agreements and Additional Terms
Using Lens Web Services
When using any data obtained through our Services internally, in a product or service, or including data in a redistribution, please acknowledge The Lens by including the URL https://www.lens.org/, or a link to a relevant search or collection on the lens.org domain. The Lens logo image files are available in our Press Kit and must be used for digital or print attribution along with the link to The Lens website. Please use the expression 'Enabled by The Lens' or 'Data Sourced from The Lens' and the Lens.org URL. Please ensure that the Lens logo and link is prominently displayed at the point of delivery of the services or data derived from Lens, to the end-user. Alternatively you can use the Lens Attribution badge by copying and pasting this iframe code snippet into your website.
<iframe src="https://lens.org/lens/embed/attribution" scrolling="no" height="30px" width="100%"></iframe>
For publications and reports that use The Lens data, please cite one of our relevant articles:
- Jefferson, O. A., Koellhofer, D., Warren, B., and Jefferson, R. (2019, November 25). The Lens MetaRecord and LensID: An open identifier system for aggregated metadata and versioning of knowledge artefacts. (https://doi.org/10.31229/osf.io/t56yh)
- Jefferson, O.A., Adam Jaffe, Doug Ashton, Ben Warren, Deniz Koellhofer, Uwe Dulleck, Aaron Ballagh, John Moe, Michael DiCuccio, Karl Ward, Geoff Bilder, Kevin Dolby, and Richard Jefferson (2018) Mapping the global influence of published research on industry and innovation. Nature Biotechnology 36, 31-39. (https://www.lens.org/036-630-785-708-925, https://doi.org/10.1038/nbt.4049)
- Jefferson, R. (2017). Comment: Turning science into social outcomes. Nature 548, S8. (https://www.lens.org/020-882-124-317-089, http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/548s8a)
- Jefferson, O.A., Köllhofer, D., Ehrich, T.H. & Jefferson, R. A. (2013) Transparency Tools in Gene Patenting for informing policy and practice. Nature Biotechnology 31, 1086–1093 (https://www.lens.org/142-142-407-547-239, http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nbt.2755)
- Jefferson, O.A., Köllhofer, D., Ehrich, T.H. & Jefferson, R. A. (2015) Gene patent practice across plant and human genomes. Nature Biotechnology 33 (10) 1033-1038 (https://www.lens.org/026-356-598-561-911, http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nbt.3364)
- Jefferson, O.A., Köllhofer, D., Ehrich, T.H. & Jefferson, R. A. (2015) The ownership question of plant gene and genome Intellectual properties. Nature Biotechnology 33 (11) 1138-1143 (https://www.lens.org/024-987-588-745-109, http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nbt.3393)
Disclaimer of Warranties
The Website is provided “as is” and Cambia and The Lens hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Cambia or The Lens does not make any warranty that the Services will be free of errors or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through lens.org at your own discretion and risk.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will Cambia or The Lens be liable for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; or (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data as a result of using our Services. Cambia or The Lens shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control.
General Representation and Warranty
https://microsoftdocs.github.io/MAG/Getting-MAG-On-ADLS.html The PubMed data is shared with the Lens under this license: https://www.nlm.nih.gov/databases/download/terms_and_conditions.html The CrossRef data is shared with the Lens under this license: https://www.crossref.org/requestaccount/termsandconditions.html