N.B. PatSeq Bulk Download options and pricing have changed. Thank you to all who have provided feedback through our survey. When you shared your thoughts we listened! We improved the PatSeq Bulk Download options thanks to you.
These terms apply only to PatSeq Bulk Download and refers to the ability of a user to access sequences disclosed in patents available within the PatSeq Data app in the Lens or programmatically via the PatSeq Bulk Download API. Access to the PatSeq Bulk Download may not be transferred, sold or re-licensed to third parties and PatSeq data may not be used in unfair or deceptive practices.
Disclaimer of Warranties
The PatSeq Bulk Download and any other sequence downloads are provided on an "as is" basis, without warranty, express or implied, and without any representation or warranty that the use of the data will not infringe other rights. Cambia or The Lens shall not be held liable for any use of the sequences transferred to you under this notice. You agree to hold Cambia or The Lens and its employees and agents harmless for any loss, claim, damage or liability, of whatsoever kind or nature, which may arise from acceptance, use, handling or storage of the data by you.
PatSeq Access Plans
Commercial Use is defined as any use of PatSeq data that results in a personal, business, or corporate financial gain. Examples of Commercial Use include, but are not limited to, any of the following: commercial research & development, data services and products, consultancy reports, etc. Commercial Use access plans provide access to monthly updated PatSeq Bulk Downloads in either FASTA or Rich file formats are provided using a tiered approach to determine the pricing. Pricing Tiers for organisations intending to use the PatSeq Bulk Download for commercial-use are based on the Organisation size and the License Type required.
The size of an organisation is based on the number of employees working for the organisation, and is defined as all employees from all divisions of the organisation and all types of activities, where the organisation is considered to be the largest legal entity which is not owned nor controlled by a larger commercial entity. Employees may also include outsourced, contracted or subcontracted service providers. Organisation size is split into three categories:
- Organisations with fewer than 50 employees
- Organisations with 50 or more employees and fewer than 200 employees
- Organisations with 200 or more employees
An independent search and review will be conducted to confirm the organisation size nominated by the requesting user.
- Internal Use: This license is intended for commercial uses that do not result in the data being used directly in a third-party product or service. Under this license, PatSeq data may not be transferred, sold or re-licensed to third parties, and no commercial derivatives may be made from the data.
- Use in a product or service: This license is intended for Commercial Use where the data will be used directly or indirectly in another product or service. This includes organisations that charge users for services or sell or resell data products that include or have been derived from PatSeq data.
The following table is used to determine the Pricing Tiers for Commercial Use access plans:
|License Type||Less than 50 employees||50 or more employees||200 or more employees|
|Internal use only||Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3|
|Use in a product or service||Tier 2||Tier 2||Tier 3|
Lens Community-Supported Innovation Infrastructure
The Lens delivers its public services through membership, partnership, and sponsorship. While we have rolled out partnership options in previous releases, considering the “New Normal” in our global community and the need for collective action to reduce friction in the innovation process, Cambia and the Lens will now explore offering an institutional membership with each PatSeq Bulk Download subscription. What this means is that once you take up a PatSeq subscription, your institution as a whole, can now gain:
- A private and secure institutional account
- Access to Lens scholarly API (5,000 API calls/month and for 12 months)
- Access to the upcoming Lens patent API (5,000 API calls/month and for 12 months)
- FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable) and open patent and scholarly datasets with permission to embed or integrate and expose patent and scholarly metrics and analytics
- A dedicated support service with onsite tutorials and videos
- An opportunity to showcase your participation in a public good project.
Please contact us for further information.
Pricing is provided on the PatSeq tab of the API & Data page and are accurate at the time of requesting access. All prices are in USD. Once your request has been assessed and approved, an invoice will be provided payable to Cambia, please see the payment details below.Please directly deposit to the following bank account:
- Account Name: Cambia
- Account Number: CAMBIUSDO1
- Bank Name: National Australia Bank Limited
- Bank Address: 39 London Circuit, Hobart Place, Canberra ACT 2601
- SWIFT Code: NATAAU3302S