These terms apply only to PatSeq Bulk Data and refers to the ability of a user to access sequences disclosed in patents available within the PatSeq Data app in the Lens or programmatically via the PatSeq Bulk Download API. Access to the PatSeq Bulk Data may not be transferred, sold or re-licensed to third parties and PatSeq data may not be used in unfair or deceptive practices.
Disclaimer of Warranties
The PatSeq Bulk Data and any other sequence downloads are provided on an "as is" basis, without warranty, express or implied, and without any representation or warranty that the use of the data will not infringe other rights. Cambia or The Lens shall not be held liable for any use of the sequences transferred to you under this notice. You agree to hold Cambia or The Lens and its employees and agents harmless for any loss, claim, damage or liability, of whatsoever kind or nature, which may arise from acceptance, use, handling or storage of the data by you.
PatSeq Access Plans
Commercial Use is defined as any use of PatSeq data that results in business or corporate outcome - financial or otherwise. Examples of Commercial Use include, but are not limited to, any of the following: commercial research and development, data services and products, consultancy reports, etc. Commercial Use access plans provide access to monthly updated PatSeq Bulk Data in either FASTA or Rich file formats are provided using a tiered approach to determine the pricing. Pricing Tiers for organisations intending to use the PatSeq Bulk Data for commercial-use are based on the Organisation size and the License Type required.
The size of an organisation is based on the number of employees working for the organisation, and is defined as all employees from all divisions of the organisation and all types of activities, where the organisation is considered to be the largest legal entity which is not owned nor controlled by a larger commercial entity. Employees may also include outsourced, contracted or subcontracted service providers. Organisation size is split into three categories:
- Organisations with fewer than 50 employees
- Organisations with 50 or more employees and fewer than 200 employees
- Organisations with 200 or more employees
An independent search and review will be conducted to confirm the organisation size nominated by the requesting user.
- Internal Use: This license is intended for commercial uses that do not result in the data being used directly in a third-party product or service. Under this license, PatSeq data may not be transferred, sold or re-licensed to third parties, and no commercial derivatives may be made from the data.
- Use in a product or service: This license is intended for Commercial Use where the data will be used directly or indirectly in another product or service. This includes organisations that charge users for services or sell or resell data products that include or have been derived from PatSeq data.
The following table is used to determine the Pricing Tiers for Commercial Use access plans:
|License Type||Less than 50 employees||50 or more employees||200 or more employees|
|Internal use only||Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3|
|Use in a product or service||Tier 2||Tier 2||Tier 3|
Pricing is provided on the PatSeq Bulk Data request page and is accurate at the time of requesting access. All prices are in USD. Once your request has been assessed and approved, an agreement will be provided for signing and invoice payable to Cambia.